The Cornerstone Housing for Women Foundation has been set up as a charitable organization to own and operate the new building and to receive donations for the campaign. There are several options available to those who may wish to contribute:
All donations are most welcome. When you support this project, please consider it an investment in the life of a woman who is vulnerable and whose life can be strengthened and given hope and dignity and peace and joy. All donations will be acknowledged with a receipt for income tax purposes; the charitable tax number is 83725 8854 RR0001.
Procedure for Donating Securities to Cornerstone Housing for Women Foundation (The Foundation)
- The donor advises the Foundation by notifying the Campaign Chair at 613-746-1763 or (
) that he/she will be making a donation of securities. The Campaign Chair will provide the donor with the Authorization form which must be completed.
- The form gives details of the donation – name of donor, # of shares and name of security, etc. The Foundation IMMEDIATELY contacts the Foundation Accountant to provide these details, confirm instructions to sell the securities on receipt and provide remittance instructions.
- The form indicates to the donor that the shares are to be transferred to the Foundation account at BMO InvestorLine (IL) and that the donor MUST have his/her own investment broker contact the Foundation Accountant before any transfer takes place.
- The form provides the donor with the Foundation’s Accountant’s contact information:
- Carol Sollows, CGA
Manager Finance and Administration
Cornerstone Housing for Women
314 Booth St. Ottawa, On K1R 7K2
Tel: 613- 254-6584, ext. 508
- The donor contacts his/her own investment broker to initiate the transfer and provides the contact information for IL.
- When the securities are actually received, the Foundation’s accountant informs the Capital Campaign of the value of the securities received, based on the market value on the date of receipt.
- The Foundation’s Accountant will immediately sell the securities and electronically transfer the net proceeds to the Foundation’s current account.
- The Foundation issues a tax receipt to the donor for the amount of the market value of the securities on the date IL received them (see #6). The actual amount received by the Foundation may be more or less than the receipted amount, due to variances in market value in the interim period and brokerage fees.
- The Foundation acknowledges (thanks) donor in appropriate form.
N.B. BMO InvestorLine is not responsible for any change in the market price between the time the share/bonds are received and the time that the shares/bonds are sold.
Cornerstone respects the right to privacy of their donors and holds all personal information in strict confidence. Requests for anonymity are respected.
Credit card information provided to Canada Helps is subject to its security program.
Cornerstone does not sell, loan, share or distribute, under any circumstance, donor information with other associations or companies. We limit access to your personal information to those who need to come into contact with the information to provide you with a receipt for your donation and information on Cornerstone.
Charitable registration # 83725 8854 RR0001